Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our Second Week on the Maker's Diet

This week went much easier than last week! Sunday (day 7) I had a BAD cold, so I took it easy all day and managed to recover in time for work Monday. Barely. I still had a stuffy nose for the first part of the week, but I was totally encouraged when I read the following at wellnessmama.com

You may even find that you “catch a cold” a week or so after starting to treat your yeast and parasite symptoms. This is actually a mild Herxheimer reaction, and backing down supplements and drinking more water should help it pass quickly.

We aren't taking any supplements to fight off yeast or parasites, but obviously I am starving something out of my body by avoiding fruit, dairy and grains! So that was gratifying, and other than an occasional headache I feel so well in general. I do think I have lost a bit of weight, so I will be planning for bigger portions and more snacks, trying to take in all the healthy fats I can and exercising now that I am feeling strong as normal.

Matt is also feeling great this week. He has commented that his sleep is much deeper and more refreshing than in the past, and we have both had such positive moods that it is remarkable. I have also really enjoyed spending lots of time together in the kitchen, cooking, prepping, and washing tons of dishes.

Another change that I did not expect was navigating PMS and cramping without any need for medication. Excruciating cramps was one of the reasons I started taking the Pill (which ended in disaster), and when I came off it things were better than before but still a rough couple of days. I am VERY interested to see how things go with my next cycle and curious to see how what I eat affects how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I blink and suddenly I'm 3 posts behind! The diet sounds very cool. I'm really glad you're blogging about the experience as you go.

    Oh yes, and if Nemoy's friend is anything like the photo ~ well he's just too cute.

    ReplyDelete