Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Already

It's hard to believe that it's May already! I think it snuck up me this year because for the first time in 5 years, April was not a frenzy of term papers and final exams. I've had space to breathe, and April just slipped away in a few gusty, rainy days. The grass is so impossibly green after the rain, and the air smells like dark, clean soil, and the days are getting warmer and longer, and I've loved watching Spring unfold for its own sake, not to wish a semester over and Summer on its way.

Of course, I'm excited out of my mind for this Summer! Esther and Josh are my sister and her boyfriend, and they'll be staying with us for the Summer, so that will be cozy and hopefully lots of fun! I'm trying not to set my hopes too high for the four of us adults sharing a two bedroom apartment (yes, our living room will be a part-time sleeping area), but I can't help feeling like our individual awesomeness will just be multiplied as we figure out how to do life together in close quarters.

On the decluttering front, we haven't thrown out/donated too much else, although I sold my old Hebrew textbooks and a DVD set that was unopened. We also rescued a dresser from next to the dumpsters, which is not too pretty but made from real wood and could totally be refinished, so we are up one large piece of furniture that will give Josh a place to store his clothes (it's clean Josh, don't worry). I was going to take a picture, but my phone is failing me, so... maybe later!

No comments:

Post a Comment