Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hope

This week I read a book called Total Abandon, the true story of a missionary woman who was martyred in Lebanon in 2002, written by her husband. It was very sad, but also hopeful, and I was struck by this passage about their ministry:

"We shared the message of Jesus-the same message that compels Christians to go to the refugee camps to the street kids, and to the prostitutes of the world-not to convert them to some boring "religion," but to give them hope."

That perspective on evangelism eases the pressure and tension I sometimes feel about opportunities to witness - I pray that I can live in a way that witnesses to my hope in Jesus, that it prompts questions in people's minds, and then when the opportunity arises I can articulate that hope and share my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment