Monday, June 28, 2010

Opportunities

The building I work in is behind the security fence for G20, so we have been busy this week, starting work early and going home as soon as all the work is done.

Starting at 6:30 instead of 7:30 means waking up at 5:15 to catch a bus at 5:40 - after six working days of this schedule, my body is repaying me with achy muscles and a summer cold. I can't believe it will feel almost like sleeping in to wake up at 6am tomorrow!

There is a bright side to this trauma of waking up before the sun, however. Three mornings I've taken the elevator with a woman who lives on my floor - Elizabeth. I might not have met her if not for waking up so early, and this morning I even saw which apartment is hers, so I can leave her a note or a card to invite her over for tea or something.

This morning I also happened to take the bus with a woman whose daughter comes to youth group. We just met for the first time Friday night, so it was great to sit together and chat this morning - I am thankful for these opportunities I've had, and thankful that God has helped me recognize them!

Matt and I were accepted as members at Agincourt this Sunday, and each new member was given a verse. Mine was Colossians 3:16-17, so I wrote out part of it and taped it to my computer at work. It says:

"Let the message of Christ, in all its richness, fill your life... Whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."

This is something I want to live up to, even though I definitely don't manage it most days, so it was a great verse to be reminded of, and I wanted to share it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment