Friday, March 25, 2011

March is Fickle

Thanks Dad, for offering to let me listen to your neighbour mowing the lawn. It's really comforting to know that somewhere in the world, things are as they should be. Here, however, they are not. We had a couple really great, mild days, and then Wednesday morning woke up to snow. My bus got hit by a car (no biggie, the car didn't even stay at the scene), and I saw two near-accidents waiting for the next bus to come. The ground has turned hard again, after I was so hopeful for Spring! I have muck-proof boots; I saw a robin; I wore pantyhose instead of tights!

Discouraging though the snow may be (and the cold temperatures, the biting wind), we in Toronto have seen a glimmer of hope and know that Winter can't last forever. Soon enough, we'll be complaining about the humidity I'm sure. In the meantime, I have been trying to enjoy feeling cozy and bundled up while I still need to wear a mile-long coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment